Welcome to the 台面 Program and 服务!
The MCCP provides science, 技术, 工程, and math (STEM) academic development to educationally disadvant年龄d community college students so they will excel academically and transfer to four-year institutions in calculus-based majors. This support is especially crucial to students who come from low-performing high schools. The program serves to enrich the experience of students by providing a variety of services to equip 台面 students with the skills and attitudes necessary for their successful transfer to a university.
台面 works closely with industry partners and the University of California, California State University, the California Community Colleges, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, and the State Department of Education. 台面 is nationally recognized for its innovative academic development program.
The main components of the MCCP include:
- Academic Excellence Workshops (AEWs). 学生 are scheduled in the same core math and science classes and taught how to successfully master complex technical ideas and principles through a collaborative approach.
- Academic advising/counseling. 学生 receive individualized academic guidance and develop multi-year plans so they can take courses in the most effective sequence and transfer in a timely manner.
- 学生学习中心. This dedicated multipurpose space is the hub for study, 研讨会, 特殊的活动, and information sharing. It is a critical element in building a close learning community.
- Connect 学生 to our Transfer Office: 台面 collaborates with Transfer counselors through 研讨会, and visits to four-year universities.
- 职业建议 学生 are exposed to various math, 工程, and science career options through industry mentors, 实地考察旅行, 工作见习, 人才招聘会往往会, and internship opportunities.
- Links with student and professional organizations These resources provide mentors, guest speakers, and tours of companies.
- Professional Development. Through 研讨会 and mock job fairs, students learn about corporate culture, improve their resume writing and interviewing skills, and are offered part-time, 全职, and summer employment related to their majors.
- Industry Advisory Board. Corporate representatives, 包括台面校友, participate in advisory boards that center to provide strategic planning assistance, 奖学金, 夏季实习机会, 实地考察旅行, 还有其他资源. The board is a valuable connection between the students and companies that recognize 台面's success in helping to develop the technical professionals they need.
VC Specific: 澳门皇家赌城在线大学 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, 国家的起源, 性, 残疾, 年龄, 或者性取向.
El Distrito de Colegios Comunitarios del Condado de 澳门皇家赌城在线 no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, 性o, discapacidad, edad u orientación 性ual.